BIG WHITE OVERVIEW
Canada’s largest ski-in, ski-out resort with EPIC powder and trails!
The name says it all… this place is BIG and gets slammed with “truck-loads” of the white stuff season after season…! Our Ski Instructor Courses and Snowboard Instructor Courses at Big White are famous for powder and good times.
Located in the heart of British Columbia, Canada, about 273 miles east of Vancouver or 35 miles southeast of Kelowna. Their motto is “It’s The Snow” and they sure do live up to it with an average of 750cm, that’s 24+ feet of champagne powder falling annually! Powder really doesn’t get any better than this! Big White is Canada’s largest ski-in, ski-out ski resort.
|Internship Ultimate Plus|
|Big White||Ski||Internship Ultimate Plus||23 Nov 17||Apr 18||USD $10975||Enquire|
|Big White||Dual||Internship Ultimate Plus||23 Nov 17||Apr 18||USD $10975||Enquire|
|23 Nov 17||24 Nov 17||More|
Check out what's included:
- Ski Instructor Internship Course
- Ski Instructor Training Course
- Snowboard Instructor Internship Course
- Snowboard Instructor Training Course
- Voted Best Powder, Best Glade Skiing and Best Ski-in Ski-out Properties – Ski Canada Magazine
- 16 lifts including Lara’s Express Gondola, Snow Ghost Six Pack Express and 4 Quad Express
- 750 cm (24.5 ft) average annual snowfall!
- 7,355 acres (3,052 hectares) of unbelievable terrain including deep powder bowls and wide-open glades!
- 118 trails offer 105km of marked trails with perfect corduroy and fall-line groomers.
- 82% intermediate to expert level terrain
- “truck loads” of Okanagan Champagne Powder!
- For the ultimate park experience, the award winning TELUS Terrain Park is one of the best progressive parks in North America!
MESSAGE FROM BIG WHITE’S SKI SCHOOL DIRECTOR
“Hello and thank you for considering Big White Ski Resort and EA Ski and Snowboard as the starting point for your ski instructing career. We’re confident that this experience will provide the education, skills and memories that will last a lifetime. We only hire the best of the best so the training program here is second to none and we’ll custom tailor that daily training program to meet your goals and expectations as well a give you a leg up on working as a professional ski instructor. Join us this season, we look forward to showing you your new 7,355 acre office.” Josh Foster, Big White Director of Snow Sports
INTERNSHIPs - ACCOMMODATION
Accommodation for those on an Internship Program is in a private house rental. This is located in Snow Pines. Its comfortable, private and well located close to the town centre and lifts.
- The house is split between two separate units (upstairs/downstairs)
- Upstairs/downstairs units have separate facilities
- Rooms are twin or triple share
- Bedding & towels are included
- Lounge with cable TV
- Kitchen facilities with all utensils included
- Full Laundry facilities
- Internet provided
After the level 1 exam you will be able to stay on for the remainder of the season. Prior to arrival you will need to confirm that you would like to stay in the accommodation as we are required to sign a lease for the whole season (5.5 months). You are then required to pay a security bond and an advanced rent payment.
Disclaimer: The above information should be used as a guide and is subject to change.
LIVING & WORKING AT BIG WHITE
On an EA internship at Big White new instructors will typically work in the Kids Centre.
With all our courses here we make sure you are dialled in with the local scene and quickly become familiar with the ins and outs of this cool mountain town. People often ask how much it costs to buy food and drink so here’s our basic shopping list run down:
- A weekly Burger special from ‘Snowshoe Sams’ CA$10
- A cold apres ski beer at the Moose Lounge (a locals favourite) CA$6
- A massive slice of pizza from The Market CA$7
Big White is also only 45 minutes away from Kelowna. This is the third largest city in BC and has lots of shopping, restaurants, and great things to do in your freetime!
Message from Big White’s Technical training Coordinator
EA has a Program Representative who oversees the running of our Ski and Snowboard courses in resort. Your resort rep is there to support EA in creating a fantastic winter environment for your group. They will be on hand to offer advice and guidance at all times.
STORIES FROM BIG WHITE
Anna loved waking up to beautiful mountain vistas and having the opportunity to ski every single day – so much so she didn't want to go home! Check out her EA experience at Big White here.
Becoming a ski instructor has always been a dream for for Madz who lives in one of the hottest parts of Australia! She has been at Big White Canada on EA’s ski instructor course, check out her update here.