Big White Overview
The names says it all… this place is BIG and gets slammed with “truck-loads” of the white stuff season after season…! Our Ski and Snowboard Instructor Courses at Big White are famous for powder and good times.
Located in the heart of British Columbia, Canada, about 273 miles east of Vancouver or 35 miles southeast of Kelowna it’s motto is “It’s The Snow” and they sure do live up to it with an average of 750cm, that’s 24+ feet of champagne powder falling annually! Powder really doesn’t get any better than this! Big White is Canada’s largest totally ski-in, ski-out ski resort.
No. 5 most luxurious ski resort in the world! – Luxury Travel magazine
Best Powder, Best Glade Skiing and Best Ski-in Ski-out Properties – Ski Canada magazine
A few quick stats:
* 16 lifts including Lara’s Express Gondola, Snow Ghost Six Pack Express and 4 Quad Express
* 750 cm (24.5 ft) average annual snowfall!
* 7,355 acres (3,052 hectares) of unbelievable terrain including deep powder bowls and wide-open glades!
* 118 trails offer 105km of marked trails with perfect corduroy and fall-line groomers.
* 82% intermediate to expert level terrain
* And “truck loads” of Okanagan Champagne Powder!
And for the ultimate park experience, head to the award winning TELUS Terrain Park which is the best progressive park in North America!
Accommodation during our 3 – 12 week training courses at Big White is provided at the Copper Kettle Lodge. This is ski in – ski out positioned at the base of the lifts. Here is a quick run-down:
- Right at the bottom of the lifts
- Twin and triple share
- Utilities included: heating, local telephone, internet access, cable TV
- Ensuite bathrooms
- Ski / Snowboard Storage
- Lounge with TV and furniture
- Ski Locker
- Fully equipped kitchen and dining room
- Linen is not included
Accommodation for those on an EA Internship Program is at the Big White staff housing located in Snow Pines and the Big White Village. The staff housing at Big White is known for being the best in Canada; Its comfortable, private, on mountain and fully ski in -ski out. Here’s a few quick details:
- Each house sleeps 4-8 staff
- Twin share rooms – with two single beds
- Bedding is included
- Lounge with cable TV and furniture
- Kitchen facilities with all utensils included
- Full Laundry facilities
- ski and snowboard storage
Note: For those on our Internship Programs, EA covers the cost of your accommodation for the duration of the level one program. Once employed you will be able to stay on for the remainder of the season which payments deducted from your pay cheques. On arrival you will be required to pay a bond.
Message from Big White’s Ski School Director
“Hello and thank you for considering Big White Ski Resort and EA Ski and Snowboard as the starting point for your ski instructing career. We’re confident that this experience will provide the education, skills and memories that will last a lifetime. We only hire the best of the best so the training program here is second to none and we’ll custom tailor that daily training program to meet your goals and expectations as well a give you a leg up on working as a professional ski instructor. Join us this season, we look forward to showing you your new 7355 acre office.”
Josh Foster; Big White Director of Snow Sports
Message from Big White’s Technical Coordinator
Course ManagerJoe has been instructing at Big White since going through an EA course in 2010. He is the on ground EA Program Representative who oversees the running of our Big White Ski and Snowboard courses and anything he doesn't know about Big White probably isn't worth knowing. He is on hand to help out with everything from the best powder runs to the best deals in town.
Living in Big WhiteThrough all of our courses we make sure you are dialled in with the local scene and quickly become familiar with the inns and outs of this cool mountain town. People often ask how much it costs to buy food and drink so here’s our shopping list run down:
- A weekly Burger special from 'Snowshoe Sams' CA$7
- A cold apres ski beer at the Moose Lounge (a locals favourite) CA$5
- A massive slice of pizza from The Market CA$6
Where to from here?
Check out a differentResort?
At Big White we run:3-12 week ski courses 3-12 week Snowboard Courses Dual Certification Internship
Or you can:APPLY NOW !
Get FREE access online now
And go in the draw to win a FREE course