Huge terrain park, stunning scenery, après-ski and even night skiing!
Norquay is the closest resort to the Banff township. Norquay and Banff is a fantastic place to spend a winter season and perfect for those that want it all - snow, terrain, work and a town with awesome nightlife. When you first arrive at Norquay you will be blown away by the scenery, the 24000 square foot main lodge and the terrain on offer with Upper Lone Pine and Gun Run in full view.
Interns here have loved the moutain vibe and all that Norquay offers - a close knit team, night skiing, legendary park, a proper ski village lifestyle.. this is Canada at its finest!
|Norquay||Ski||Internship Ultimate||16 Nov 17||Apr 2019||USD $7475||Enquire|
|Norquay||Snowboard||Internship Ultimate||16 Nov 17||Apr 2019||USD $8475||Enquire|
|4 Week Training Course|
|Norquay||Ski||4 Weeks||16 Nov 17||Dec 2018||USD $6475||Enquire|
Check out what's included:
- Area Elevation: Base - 1630m, 5350ft; Top - 2133m, 7000ft
- Vertical Drop: 503m, 1650ft
- Slopes/Terrain: Vertical Rise - 503m, 1650ft
- Longest Run: 1167m, 3828ft
- Skiable Terrain: 28 runs spread over 190 acres
- Night Skiing: Fridays and Saturdays, Jan to March
- Lifts: 1 high speed quad chairlift, 2 fixed grip quad chairlifts, 1 double chairlift, 1 surface lift
- Snowmaking: 85% of skiing terrain
Accommodation for those on an Internship Program is located at the HI-Banff Alpine Centre. The HI-Banff Alpine Centre is rated in the top ten of the network of hostels worldwide! Here is a quick run-down of what you can expect:
- On-site Pub (The Storm Cellar)
- On-site Restaurant (Cougar Pete's)
- Shared rooms
- Laundry facilities
- Linen included
- Large self catering kitchen & dining room
- Free Wi-Fi
After the level one exam you will be able to stay on for the remainder of the season. The rate for this is between CA$14-17 per night, depending on room type. You will receive 25% discount on all HI-Banff food and beverage services. When you arrive you will be required to sign a Terms and Conditions of Tenancy agreement.
Disclaimer: The above information should be used as a guide and is subject to change.
LIVING & WORKING IN BANFF
- Banff is the highest town in Canada!
- Average snowfall is over 366cm each year! Imagine jumping onto seventy-two pillows stacked one on top of another!
- Banff is consistently voted North America’s “Most Scenic Resort” by any magazines that count.
- ‘Three in One’ Banff accesses Lake Louise, Sunshine Village and Norquay Resorts.
- Employment for EA interns at Norquay is part time.
- Our favourite restaurant in Banff? This has to be Balkan for its mouthwatering greek wraps, mmmm.
- Banff National Park is the oldest national park in Canada! Establish 1885.
MESSAGE FROM ea REP nIGEL sAINSBURY
If skiing is your thing, check out Nigel’s ski instructor update from Norquay here and see what the training and exams are really like.
EA INSTRUCTOR INTERN UPDATES FROM NORQUAY
Click here to read about Sarah Hunter’s experience as an EA snowboard instructor this season, living it up in the Canadian Rockies!