NORTHSTAR California Resort OVERVIEW
Employees also receive free skiing at other Vail resorts!
‘The Star’ as it’s known by locals is our North Lake Tahoe training base. We are stoked to have a long standing relationship with Northstar and have seen the Village and Resort undergo huge redevelopment. It is now part of the Vail Resorts family and one of the leading resorts in the USA. We are stoked to run our ski instructor courses in the USA and snowboard instructor courses too. You will explore an incredible range of terrain by day and chill out by an open fire with a cold beer for après.
Northstar has a fantastic selection of man made parks & pipes including one of only 3 Burton Stash Parks in the World! The training staff are also some of the best in the USA, led by Mike Hafer who is a member of the PSIA Western Demonstration Team and examining squad.
Shaun White, the two-time Olympic champion in halfpipe, makes Northstar USA his primary training grounds. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to live, work and ride at the same resort as the man himself!
|Northstar California||Ski||Internship Ultimate||22 Nov 17||Apr 18||USD $5975||Enquire|
|Northstar California||Snowboard||Internship Ultimate||22 Nov 17||Apr 18||USD $6975||Enquire|
|22 Nov 17||23 Nov 17||More|
Check out what's included:
- Acres of Piste: 3000+
- Vertical Drop: 2280 feet
- Annual Average Snowfall: 350 inches (29 feet!!)
- Snowmaking Coverage: 50%
- Terrain: 73 trails – 25% Beginner / 50% Intermediate / 25% Advanced
- Total Lifts: 19 including 7 express chairs and two gondolas
- Longest Run: Logger’s Loop 1.4 miles (2.09 km).
- 7 Terrain Parks including Burton Progression Park and one of the only Burton ‘Stash’ Parks in the World!
- 1 Superpipe, 1 Halfpipe
- On mountain village including 9,000 square foot ice skating rink, outdoor bars and restaurants
Message from the Ski School team at Northstar
“We couldn’t be happier with the Instructor’s coming through the EA program and I think they feel the same way.” Don Yuhas, Northstar California Resort Ski & Snowboard School Director
Accommodation at Northstar is based at Kingswood Condominiums. Kingswood is located in the heart of North Lake Tahoe, conveniently situated close to Kings Beach, the 24-hour casino night life and Northstar Resort. Condos are cozy 3 and 4 bedroom units that accommodate between 5-8 trainees. Assistance is provided so that participants can move into accommodation in groups once they commence work.
- Twin or Triple Share (King & Queen upgrade rooms available on request)
- Big Lounge area with Cable TV
- Fully Equipment Kitchens
- Laundry & Linen
- Walking Distance to Restaurants & Supermarket
LIVING & WORKING IN LAKE TAHOE
You will quickly become one of the locals and enjoy ‘mates rates’, ‘mean hookups’ and a lot of fun. People are often keen to know how much it costs to buy food so here’s our shopping list run down:
- A bowl of chicken wings from Jasons bar and Grill (a local favourite) US$6
- A cold apres ski beer from Rubicon Northstar Village US$5
- A Burrito Big enough for the whole family from Big Wave Dave’s US$8.50
- A pack of 5 Bagels from the Safeway Supermarket US$4
EA Intern updates from Northstar
EA’s 2013 Ski instructor Course Scholarship winner Victoria Gorman experienced the trip of a life time to become a ski instructor at Tahoe in the United States. Being a true Aussie her bags were packed to the rim with Aussie essentials – Vegemite, Milo and Tim Tams! Check out more about her time at Northstar here.
Check out this Instructor Training Course Testimonial from Kiel Rafter on his experience at Northstar at Tahoe Resort